Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my degas bottle and thermostat today. The bottle cracked and the thermostat will be replaced just because I am in there.

My question!

I cannot get the fleetguard elc compleat(not oat) anywhere local...but rotella elc is everywhere...can I mix the 2???

Bench

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
This chart shows that OAT and OAT 2 EHA are mixable but it'd be better if you do a few fill N drains with distilled to get as much of the old stuff out before filling with 3 1/2 gal of new concentrate then top off with distilled. Rotella, CAT, Delo, and Texaco are all good.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This chart shows that OAT and OAT 2 EHA are mixable but it'd be better if you do a few fill N drains with distilled to get as much of the old stuff out before filling with 3 1/2 gal of new concentrate then top off with distilled. Rotella, CAT, Delo, and Texaco are all good.
I’m not running the oat...just standard es compleat

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
Always best not to mix coolants unless they are the exact same formula. Like I said do a few fill N drains with distilled then fill with concentrate of your choice.
That chart I posted is getting old but it shows most current brands

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always best not to mix coolants unless they are the exact same formula. Like I said do a few fill N drains with distilled then fill with concentrate of your choice.
That chart I posted is getting old but it shows most current brands
So, just fill and drain and not a full flush?

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
So, just fill and drain and not a full flush?
Yeah if they're similar just do 2 or 3 fill N drains with distilled, make sure you get the block plugs open, Fumoto F-108N's are great for behind the starter, the block holds a good bit of coolant. Even with the lower hose and both block plugs you'll still have some in there. That's why I'd do it a few times. Then add 3 1/2 gal of concentrate and top off with distilled. You should be good after that.

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
The stuff you're using is CAT EC-1 spec so mixing a little won't hurt anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts