Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some friends and I are ready to make are own bio but are having trouble finding enough wvo, my one friend siad he can get us as much Flaxseed oil as we can use but were not sure if that is the same as wvo does anyone know if it will work or not.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
i think it would work for bio, i would give it a try and see. Its an oil.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oils

I have been studing and researching bio-diesel for over a year. I did a report for one of my classes on diesel alternatives. When I get home I will pull that report and attach the list of oils that could be used.

Nick

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Kool, thanks Nick

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yep, flaxseed oil is what Bonds said he was using. He's going to feel silly when your PS beats his home run record...

·
Registered
20 Posts
With so many choices, Biofuels should be main stream.

As I had said before I have been looking into biofuels for over a year, due to the price incraeses. With the many choices in oils that a diesel can be run, why is it taking so long to produce a biofuel? I was going to attach some articles but I am having trouble attaching the articles that many of you may find interesting, if you are interesed I could email them.
Nick

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Any kind of food grade oil will work Red.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How much do some of these oils cost if you buy them in large quantities? (like 55 gallon drums, etc) Depending on the part of the country, cottonseed oil, peanut oil, corn oil, or whatever should be available...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
i have not checked recently but i would think it would be less than or close to 3.00 per gallon. It has gone up since eveything else has gone up.
2 years ago i could buy it (in 5 gallon cubies) for like 2.25 per gallon...at that time diesel was 2.75 i think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually FLAX oil should be avoided as it is a drying oil and is very prone to polymerization.
Look for engine damage from the first tank!
Somewhere on the net is a list of oils, I think it also has the iodine levels.
I can't remember all the bad ones but, Flax, linseed and walnut come to mind

1 - 16 of 16 Posts