Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I hauled about 3500 lbs of flooring/tile for my parents. When I got it unloaded, I went to leave and had trouble starting (the cargo lights were on, but only for about 20 min). Well, I got her started after a few minutes, and once I got on the road, I realized the light at the end of the gear selector that lights up the word "OFF" was flashing. I drove it again today and its still doing it. Truck is running, driving and shifting fine. When I press the O/D button, it shifts in and out of O/D as usual...Just wondering if its an electrical issue that just so happened to come up when it did, or if it had something to do with the load. Truck is a 1994 IDI Turbo F350, DRW 2WD, all stock. Thanks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's a trannie error code. Same thing happened to mine. Unfortunately I never could fix my problem. On top of the light flashing at random times, the accelerator pedal wouldn't work when it was flashing!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Be sure to rule out a throttle postion sensor bad, had this happen in a 94 non-turbo. Tans would flash and when it got hot shift very hard. It was the TPS.

Also have seen at least 3 trans that the occasional "flash" progressed to whole trans going out. In fact one did it today. Do not be suprised if it is a very costly little gear in the back of the transmission by the output shaft that is used to send speed data to the computer. They have cheap plastic gears in the early modle 4OD trans. They have to drop the whold thing and take out all the guts to get to that little B------.

Check your fluid and changed those filters!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts