Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000. When I turn the key to the on position my dash lights start flashing and the water in fuel and wait to start light start flashing on off really fast. Also the relay for the IDM start to tick. I already replaces it but it still ticks when the power is on. The truck will turn over but seems to loose power when I try to turn it on. I think I need to change the GPR but I'm pretty sure that's not the only problem. When I turn my head lights on my windshield wipers also turn on. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Has it been raining lately? The GEM Module (up behind the fusebox) could be getting wet from a leaking windshield. A common issue we have, start with a look there.

All your symptoms also sound like Low Voltage or Low Current availability. I'd be looking at the batteries next....

Have them fully charged and Load Tested, Individually, at a High Rate (not those dinky 100A testers the Parts Stores use on 4clys - you need 250-300A to properly test these batteries). Then go over all the battery connections, scrape - clean - grease - Both Sides and monitor the voltage with a meter in the "outlet" (cig ltr).

·
Registered
842 Posts
Batteries sound like your problem, so many electrical issues at once, the voltage is low and causes things to spaz out on ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts