Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my 'winter protection program' for the body on my '08 last night. Sandblasted and powder coated original rusty bumpers. Painted and installed Bushwacker OE flares. Powder coated and installed color matched mudflaps from Airhawk (12" sidewinder front and rears). Powder coating color was called "gunmetal" and matched the stock "dark shadow grey" (color code CX) pretty well. I used adhesion promoter, perfect match and clear coat from dupli-color on the flares. The process went fairly well but I struggled with the rattle cans to get a glossy finish. I wet sanded, and hand waxed to get some luster, now that they're on the truck I'm considering high speed polish but don't want to burn off the paint. Take a look at the pics, I'm putting them up because I had a tuff time finding these details when I was sourcing parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The truck is stock ride height right now. Tires are 305/70R18, not 100% sure on the wheels, something like 18x9" with 18mm offset (rough measurements). The wheels clear the flaps up front thanks to the 'reliefs' cut in the sheet metal. The wheels still rub the plastic fender well at full lock, I will have to work on that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts