Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't 6.0 related, but hopefully someone here can help. I tried other forum sections, but can't get an answer... I'm looking to install a telescopic flagpole to get rid of the house mounted flag pole currently at my residence. Because of the close proximity to my house and trees I need one that will stick up around 16' above the ground. I'm trying to hang a 3x5 American flag and want a good pole that wont bend, but of course without spending a butt load. Where did you get yours at and has it with held the strong wind? Thank you in advance

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
A 3x5 flag isn't very big, so I would assume that the flag pole kits that they sell at Lowe's or Home Depot would work for this application. I fly two 3x5's on a fiberglass pole when we go out to the sand dunes and it works well despite strong winds. This is a pic below when I was just flying the one race flag.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not telescoping but I use an old street light post. We pick them up at the scrap yard and cut them to length. Why not permanent?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not telescoping but I use an old street light post. We pick them up at the scrap yard and cut them to length. Why not permanent?
It will be permanant.. I'm going to concrete the sleeve into the ground and all, I just like the telescoping poles better than the ones that raise with a string because I don't like listening to the clips bang on the pole when the wind blows..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 3x5 flag isn't very big, so I would assume that the flag pole kits that they sell at Lowe's or Home Depot would work for this application. I fly two 3x5's on a fiberglass pole when we go out to the sand dunes and it works well despite strong winds. This is a pic below when I was just flying the one race flag.
Yeah I know it's not too big.. it's just going to be right next to the house so I can't fly one too big.. I have 2 trees and the roof to worry about.. I wish I could go bigger...

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I have a Sunsetter awning, and they occasionally send me mailers about buying accessories. I know that one thing they advertise is a flagpole, can't recall exactly but I believe it is about about what you're looking for. I've been pretty happy with their awning, haven't had many issues with it, and they stood behind their product when I did. You might want to check them out.

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
That's a nice camper... ummmmm, camper....

Thanks! I bought it thinking I wouldn't change it... WRONG! I'm constantly tinkering with it and love it.

BTW, NICE setup, man! Where is it that pic was taken? Looks like it might be on some beach somewhere. Oh and where's YOUR flagpole? :poke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts