Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2003 Ford F-250 6.0 SuperCab Longbed 4x4 Six-Speed Manual
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just thought I'd post a few pics of the new goodies I installed on the new (to me) rig.

1. New LED dome lights. Much cleaner look than the old incandescent yellow bulbs.
2. LED reverse lights. Basically same deal as with the domes, added a little bit of a newer look and slightly brighter than the old incandescent lights.
3. Installed backup camera. Not too bad, I think running the video line took longer than everything else put together. 馃ぃ
4. New double din head unit. The old stock one was trashed. This one is Torque App compatible and shows the backup cam automatically and only when in reverse. It also has the Google Play Store and has instant on. The trickiest part here was cutting the center dash out to accommodate the double din head unit. I scuffed it in a few spots with the grinder and file, but not terribly noticeable. I'm still playing with colors and gauge looks on the Torque App as well as deciding which inputs I'd like to have displayed. Merry Christmas and stay safe, y'all!

Registered
I like that Head Unit! How do you like it? Are you able to play music at the same time you have torque pro open?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I really like it so far! It's a dual blue tooth setup so it connects to my phone and my OBD II dongle automatically. I can play music through any music app on the head unit or my phone while the display is showing the Torque app. It's also got WiFi and GPS built in, I mounted those antennas on the dash. It also comes pre-loaded with Google Play so you can download any apps you'd like. The best part is it comes right on when you start your rig, there's no boot-up or waiting around and for $170 I was stoked.

The one thing I might take back if I had it to do over is the seller also has a hand gesture variant that I kind of wished I would've bought for a little more. There are several gestures you can do with your hands to control calls, volume, etc. and since I don't have steering wheel controls for that it would've been cool. All in all I really like it combined with the backup cam and when that comes on as soon as I shift into reverse it doesn't pause audio or anything, that just keeps rolling.

The next thing I'm going to do with it is load all of my old MP3s onto an SD card and utilize that slot on the front for when I'm in the mountains. I don't know about where you live but there's times when you lose internet and you're lucky if all you have left is the radio. It also does come with an AM/FM tuner that seems to work just fine with the stock antenna.

Here's the link to the one I got. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3TX6MF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fire From the Clouds!
Looks nice, this is how mine is setup. EOT, Trans, Clock, Gear and Boost. I like the boost as a dial because it saves your highest boost number with an indicator so you don't need to look at it while driving. For the music, I just download the files to my phone and play through bluetooth. Mine also came with 2 USB cables that I ran through the truck so I have USB charging. Did yours come with that?

Reactions: RJ03

Registered
I think I鈥檓 going to have to invest in one of these! That would be awesome to have my torque pro set up on there. Do you know if it is Apple car play capable?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice, this is how mine is setup. EOT, Trans, Clock, Gear and Boost. I like the boost as a dial because it saves your highest boost number with an indicator so you don't need to look at it while driving. For the music, I just download the files to my phone and play through bluetooth. Mine also came with 2 USB cables that I ran through the truck so I have USB charging. Did yours come with that?

Nice look! I was looking for a way to change the colors to better match the interior lighting, but I think I kinda like the red theme I have. I'll have to look into which ones to make gauges and which ones to just have a number, seems pretty convenient just to be able to see the max.

The one I got has three possible USB connections. 1 on the front and two on the back. I probably won't use them much if at all since I like being able to use the powerpoint to charge because it's always live, I haven't checked if this one is, but I'm assuming not?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I think I鈥檓 going to have to invest in one of these! That would be awesome to have my torque pro set up on there. Do you know if it is Apple car play capable?
I don't think it has Apple Carplay out of the box? I've always used Android phones so I'm not sure. I do know that you can make just about any Android head unit Carplay capable by purchasing a separate USB dongle if memory serves. I read a ton of the reviews for these on Amazon so check my word before you pull the trigger, totally worth it though! Makes the truck feel a lot newer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts