Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,445 Posts
I wouldn't buy a used 6.0L without first buying a scangauge and then test driving the vehicle (and watching FICM volts, oil temp, coolant temp, ICP and readings, boost, etc)

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Or a CTS..... and make sure you read and understand the stickies so you know everything to look for.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wouldn't buy a used 6.0L without first buying a scangauge and then test driving the vehicle (and watching FICM volts, oil temp, coolant temp, ICP and readings, boost, etc)
That's some good advice. My FICM went out on me less than a month after purchase. Luckily the dealer covered the cost of the $700+ part.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,445 Posts
Or a CTS..... and make sure you read and understand the stickies so you know everything to look for.

I was using the term scangauge generically!!

A CTS is a nice piece of equioment. The Torque APP and the Dashboss are nice tools also.

I will say that the cheapest route is probably a scangaugeII for $135 delivered at cleanmpg.com (for members and membership is free).

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I was using the term scangauge generically!!

A CTS is a nice piece of equioment. The Torque APP and the Dashboss are nice tools also.

I will say that the cheapest route is probably a scangaugeII for $135 delivered at cleanmpg.com (for members and membership is free).
Ahh...lol Well then the cheapest route would probably be the free torque app and a BT OBDII adapter for $10 of ebay...lol

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
yeah - if you have the phone ...............
Who dost have an apple or android these days.....dang old people...jk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts