Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to drive to a town about 40 miles from here finally in the new truck. Now, the most i have gotten her up to until then was around 60mph. I have noticed a slight vibration at that speed, but just figured it was the 22" rims, and low profile tires. Meh, not the case. Something is seriously F d up on the front end. Once I got it up to above 65, it felt like the front end was going to shoot out from under me, and I was going to loose all control. It literally beat the shiot out of me. Backed off the throttle a bit to smooth her out. Now this may be as simple as a rotate and balance. I have never though, had a vehical ride so rough on the interstate. Very interested in what your thoughts are on this issue. from 0-55mph, you would barley notice anything.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Rotate and balance. Or put the stock rims/tires back on and see if it's still there.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,891 Posts
Thrown belt in tire?
Unbalanced tire?
Ball Joints?
Pit Man Arm?
Drag Link?
Steering stabilizer?
IMHO 22's aren't a good wheel to run, they are heavy and tires are expensive.... You just don't have much sidewall to absorb the impact should you hit any potholes, bumps, etc. which can result in premature tire wear and or just ruining them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts