Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be trying my luck at sled pulling at SSS this year since there is a sled pull at the track now. Only problem is.....I've never done it and my truck has not been set up for it in any way. Got any tips for a newb to pulling with a stock truck ? I have a 4" lift with 35" Toyo M/T's. Is there anything I can/should do to the truck before I pull?

Thanks folks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Regular maintenance is basically all you have to do. Make sure you have a hitch big enough to receive the hook. If you start to bounce let out of it. Most of the breakage occurs trying to get the last foot or two.

·
Hate stupid people
8,601 Posts
i love pullin a sled! after getn my tranny built this spring, i've hooked atleast 10 times so far with basically a stock truck and i'm excited about doing atleast double that next year

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regular maintenance is basically all you have to do. Make sure you have a hitch big enough to receive the hook. If you start to bounce let out of it. Most of the breakage occurs trying to get the last foot or two.
Thanks Pat, I'll keep that in mind :nod:
I don't have a dedicated sled tune, so any suggestions on what tune, gear, etc?

i love pullin a sled! after getn my tranny built this spring, i've hooked atleast 10 times so far with basically a stock truck and i'm excited about doing atleast double that next year
Well good for you, but I'm looking for tips :poke :poke :poke

:hehe:

·
Registered
856 Posts
im pretty sure that most custom tuners can write u a sled pulling tune, it basically doesnt let your truck shift out of 2nd gear, there are some other things the sled tune does also but i am unsure. someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just keep in mind the more horsepower the more you will have to do to keep it from breaking.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might just put it in 4x4 high, put it in my tow tune, and put it in 2nd gear :shrug:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
2nd gear and 4 low your first hook I wouldn't worry about a boosted launch I'd just get the sled moving and then hammer down. If you decide you want to do a boosted launch with a stock truck I'd limit it to 2000 rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts