Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lifting the cab was much easier than the 6.0 and it went on fast too.
Replaced the HPFP and deleted the EGR system.

Getting started...

Cab is up. Thats John from Rudys Diesel in the pic. He stopped by passing throught to AR and assited in the last part of the lift. Those cab bolts gave me a heck of a time.

The failed HPFP

Me taking a break after pump replacement and egr deleted. Dad supervising...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
a clean reasembled 6.4

and one useless pile of federal regulation.

Finished all this Sat. about midnight. Spent Sunday cleaning the shop and updating H&S firmware. Got all done with it at 4:30 and then pulled my buddies 7.3 in and worked on it. It was pumping excess fuel. Found #3 injector loose in the hole, picked up injector O ring kit and buttoned it back up about 10:30 and then some celebrating took place untill almost sunrise.
Found this the next afternoon...damit I bet Jasons head was pounding. He drank it all himself. :hehe:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
How long did it take you to get the cab up?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice work, also interested in time it took you for your first time :) Any guide you really liked or did you wing it?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I worked on it sporadically getting the cab off but it took 9the hours to replace the HPFP, delete tbs Egr, drop the cab and have it ready to start.
I found d a nice 4 part youtube video showing step by step by a ford master tech that I used for the cab lift. It was very easy actually. The cab bolts were a ***** and getting them hot enough is very important or the cage nut will spin and then you have to get to it under the carpet with a wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts