Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the truck to the track last night. Is my first time at the track :woot:.

So to be a noobie my first 2 or 3 passes bad..... I didn't have the 4X4 on the first . :doh:

I did like 10 passes, best time 8.94543 on a 1/8 track. :thumb:

Bad reaction time on this pass 1.16631, Tree Speed .500, 60 feet 2.015, 330 feet 5.77 total of 77.67 MPH

Spartan 275 and powerstroke 67 delete, pipe everything else stock. What you guys think? :dunno:

Jose :thumb:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts

So to be a noobie my first 2 or 3 passes bad..... I didn't have the 4X4 on the first . :doh:

Bad reaction time on this pass 1.16631, Tree Speed .500, 60 feet 2.015, 330 feet 5.77 total of 77.67 MPH

Spartan 275 and powerstroke 67 delete, pipe everything else stock. What you guys think? :dunno:

Jose,

You have at least another 1/2 second reduction with your truck!!!! Keep up the mods!

Mike

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Reaction times are only important when you're actually racing. They don't factor into your ET. So don't sweat slow reaction times.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its fun isn't it! :thumb:

It will def go faster than that. My first time to the track wasn't very good either. I only ran an 8.7xxx. I agree with the above post, they should run 8.5 or lower.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its fun isn't it! :thumb:

It will def go faster than that. My first time to the track wasn't very good either. I only ran an 8.7xxx. I agree with the above post, they should run 8.5 or lower.

Man I tell you it was fun.......

I will follow couple of tips, like lower the tire air preassure and turn off the traction control maybe a need an air filter tho....

Jose

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Man I tell you it was fun.......

I will follow couple of tips, like lower the tire air preassure and turn off the traction control maybe a need an air filter tho....

Jose
Jose,

When you are in 4x4 it will automatically turn off the traction control with the 275 tune. One less thing to worry about at the line.

Definatly get the other "bolt ons"! This will further improve the efficiency and HP of your truck!

Keep us posted!

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jose,

When you are in 4x4 it will automatically turn off the traction control with the 275 tune. One less thing to worry about at the line.

Definatly get the other "bolt ons"! This will further improve the efficiency and HP of your truck!

Keep us posted!

Mike
Mike!

What do I need to buy???

air filter Brand???????

SC selenoide from whom????????

TCM spartan..

On the tranny stuff, do I need to lower it to install????

Sorry for all the questions..

thanks in advance!

Jose

·
Registered
641 Posts
For the suncoast solenoid you have to drop the pan but the tcm I hear is a really easy install and only takes 15 minutes or so. You might as well buy the 310 for $100 if you are going to the track as well, and S&B is a great intake for the price!

·
Registered
214 Posts
dpened on how much u wanna spend id get either s&b or afe pg7 intake then get tcm and 310 tune and 5" downpipe back and get sc soleniod 4" downpipe spearco intercooler and new intercooler pipe air dog fuel pumps oh yea and lift er up if you didnt already nothing better than rollin on 37's and roastin almost everyhting you pass on the highway

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dpened on how much u wanna spend id get either s&b or afe pg7 intake then get tcm and 310 tune and 5" downpipe back and get sc soleniod 4" downpipe spearco intercooler and new intercooler pipe air dog fuel pumps oh yea and lift er up if you didnt already nothing better than rollin on 37's and roastin almost everyhting you pass on the highway

and how much all that will drop me back? I have no idea on any parts you listed :doh:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The main thing right now is getting the Spartan TCM and 310 tune. Also you need to get a cold air intake if you dont have it. I recommend the AFE Stage II PG-7 for the intake. The downpipe is up to you, but you need to have atleast 4" from the downpipe back. If you just have a delete pipe in place and the stock tailpipe, you need to get bigger exhaust for better air flow. Don't worry about the Air Dog and all of that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Get youself a intake first. S&B is about 250.00. You will hear and feel the differance. then buy the 310 and the TCM that will cost around 800.00. SO START SAVING.LOL
Then you will hvve some real fun.
Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The main thing right now is getting the Spartan TCM and 310 tune. Also you need to get a cold air intake if you dont have it. I recommend the AFE Stage II PG-7 for the intake. The downpipe is up to you, but you need to have atleast 4" from the downpipe back. If you just have a delete pipe in place and the stock tailpipe, you need to get bigger exhaust for better air flow. Don't worry about the Air Dog and all of that.
Thanks for the info.... I notice that Spartan offer the SB intake as package :doh: so :

TCM $699
310 $100
AFE $351

+ pipe

Man the Army doesn't paid that much tho!!!:( Guess I need to sell the 1973 Porsche 914

1 - 13 of 13 Posts