Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i am learning alot by searching and through my other thread concerning tuners, dpf, egr and all that. this is my first diesel (2008 4-door long box xlt) and i want to lift it in the worst way! i think i want to go with the 8" fabtech 4-link system. the cheapest i have found the system is around $2500. My questions are as follows...
Other than the kit, what else will i need /should i get? and how much $ are each? i tow a 16 ft work trailer daily.
Do i need a leveling kit or does the fabtech kit level with the lift? how much extra if i do need one and whats the best for these big beasts?!
Does the fabtech kit give everything i need to get the job done?
I dont think i want to do the install myself, what should i expect in labor on the install?
Any help is greatly appreciated, and all opinions are also appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
If you buy the fabtech lift you wont need a leveling kit , you will have either blocks,spring paks or springs for the rear which will level it out ,as for towing ,towing a work trailer ,depending how much it weights you will have a little sag so might would want to go with air bags (200$-400$), any lift you by should have all you need to install , ive got a cclb aswell and cant wait for my lift either , im waiting for my traction bars from top gun customs ,so might go with them w/black ops suspension 4''-6'' its sweet, there in tennesse and sell lots of brands they install aswell , you should contact your local 4x4 shop , sometimes you can catch 4wheelparts with a sale free labor or half off labor with purchase of lift, so check into them (indy store )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts