Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reciently purchased a used set of firestone airbags and compressor. I am also purchasing a tank with 5 ports and probably some train horns. I am thinking about mounting the compressor and tank along my frame or on the underside of the bed. Any tips as to where/how to mount them? Any tips on running the air lines and running an air hose to the back bumper so i can air up tires as well? Looking for any tips available please!!

· Registered
249 Posts
Do not share lines between bags. Each bag should have its own independent line. If the rear two were tied together and you went around the corner, the compressed bag would push its air to the uncompressed bag making the tilting of the truck worsen. You may already know that just wanted to make the catch in the beginning.

Sorry I have no tank location ideas

Sent from my LG-P509 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not share lines between bags. Each bag should have its own independent line. If the rear two were tied together and you went around the corner, the compressed bag would push its air to the uncompressed bag making the tilting of the truck worsen. You may already know that just wanted to make the catch in the beginning.
I actually did not know that. It came with a splice to change the one line to two lines but I definitely plan on running them as two separate lines now that you said that.

· Registered
93 Posts
lhsnbsaoa...did you get my messages?????

· Registered
93 Posts
lhsnbsaoa..... awesome looking 6.4:thumb: nice work on the headlights.

i do not have an on board compressor..i keep a portable 12v compressor with me..and an air gauge. All my bags are seperate. i have two air valves at the rear of the truck and two at the front. i keep 10-15psi in all of them when i am unloaded.

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
here's my fronts....

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
did you get the install instructions????? if the tubing is brittle or kinked i suggest you replace them....it should be pretty easy to install, takes about an hour. check the fittings, air lines and bags for leaks prior to install if they were used before. they're really great for towing and heavy loads in your bed....it makes it easy to maintain the proper front axle weight for steering and stopping...and at night(when ur loaded) on coming traffic wont think u have ur brights on....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.