Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my lift, wheels, tires, and grill installed. I already had a 4in DPF back exhaust, AFE intake, and Recon tails, 3rd brake light, & mirror signals installed. I had an 8inch BDS 4-link Lift with Fox shocks & Dual BDS 9500 series shocks dual steering stabilizer, 22x12 Fuel Mavericks, and 37" Toyo MT's installed this past week. The ride is great. It's about the same, if not a little better than stock. I am glad I chose the dual front shock setup.

The reason it has taken so long for me to get this thing up in the air is that my Wife said I had to wait until the wedding was over with in June and when we got back from the honeymoon the week after. The day after I got back, I ordered some 22" BMF Deathmetal Novakanes. Well They kept getting pushed back on back order. Two weeks ago I was supposed to be getting them in since they had been pushed back a couple times. Well the wheels were pushed back another 8 weeks at least and I said Screw That! I am ready to lift this thing! Ended up going with these 2-Piece Fuel Mavericks and have never looked back. They cost me a little more but I think they look great. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
your truck looks amazing man good work and i love the BDS lifts they ride very smooth id say good value and durability for the money. and im surprised to see someone from missouri on here. the normally is very few missouri folk on here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It looks awesome but I have to say lose that 4x4 sticker. The fx4 decal looks awesome or just take it right off. That decal has to be the ugliest thing ford has ever put on a truck.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I like the 4x4 sticker :dunno: that thing looks amazing. And love the wheels, those are sharp!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been debating taking the 4x4 sticker off. The only reason I have kept it on there is that it matches the brushed finish on the wheels and shocks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I agree with losing the 4x4 sticker but that is one great looking truck!

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been debating taking the 4x4 sticker off. The only reason I have kept it on there is that it matches the brushed finish on the wheels and shocks.
What? How would anyone know it was a 4x4! :hehe:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking truck! I am looking at a '12 or '13. In your opinion is it worth the +60k I wanna spend?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great looking truck! I am looking at a '12 or '13. In your opinion is it worth the +60k I wanna spend?
It is a great truck! I love it, the only thing I would say is that by looking at your sig, you probably get better fuel milage and possibly more power. I would wait until they find a way to get way better mpg and power in these trucks. :thumb:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I agree it`s a much cleaner look with out the stickers....great looking truck btw

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What should I use to remove the stickers? Hair dryer?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet truck! I showed my wife and she shook her head. Guess I can't do it to mine.
That's how it started with my wife. I had my old F150 and kept begging for a new F250. She said that I could trade it in. One day we were bored and stopped in at the dealership. I ended up getting my new truck. She said I had to "promise" her that I wasn't gonna do any mods like I had all my other vehicles I use to have. I told her fine. Well then a month later I started modding. I had to get our wedding out of the way for me to lift it. She always said she shouldn't let me because I promised but I told her that if she let me, she could get a new car. Needless to say that solved that problem!:D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much does that lift run? that truck is beautiful. i want mine looking like that

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got all of BDS' premium choices they offer. I know my lift setup retail is about $4.5k. The base lift without the extras is $3.2k. Those prices don't include install but also don't include what discount I got on the lift. I got the lift for around $4k. I probably could have gotten it cheaper but I ordered for the cost my dealership pays in order to keep my factory warranty. That was my wife's request. She just wanted to make sure we utilized the extended warranty we purchased. So I had to go through them to retain my warranty. Didn't bother me cuz they didn't make any money off me.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ok thanks man. that looks great. i love the wheel/tire combo. what offset are those wheels?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts