Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say with some great customer service I was able to get my FICM out, shipped, repaired, tuned, and back to me in 7 days. I was very surprised. Better yet no voltage drop when I step on it. :woot::woot:

Secondly after some headache, mainly not having the key to my locking lugs from the previous owner, I got the leveling kit installed today. Newton kit with an adjustable trac bar. Trac bar was easily the most time consuming part of the install, but it's done and I'm happy.

Before

After

Unfortuneatly, the after pics are with my cell phone since my wife likes to keep our digital in her purse and the before pic was right after a wash and wax, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Good stuff! 58 or 48v?!?!?!?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stayed with a 48v. I've heard to much back and forth about towing with the 58v and don't want to ever have to worry about it. With the 24' boat I have now and the possibility of upgrading to a still trailerable 28' in the next couple of years I'll stay on the safe side.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Typically, I wouldn't think that the power gain you get from it would be that noticeable, but the response is what makes it noticeable. I'm diggin it. This truck hasn't stopped amazing me since I bought it, which has now been just over a year.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also forgot to mention that I found out today, once I got the wheel off, that the previous owner had gone around and outfitted the whole truck with some nice Rancho shocks. Not sure how I didn't notice the red before, but as soon as I saw them I thought to myself, "Nice!"

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard that, but these ones are brand new looking. Don't think they would look so shiny and new if they were the originals with 75k on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PHP.

Which is too short of a message.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts