Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting to get my bed linexed for awhile now and bit the bullet this week. I was also waiting to get a toolbox and finally decided on a weatherguard pork chop box. I can really tell a quality difference between this box and others Ive had in the past(better built). I plan on doing a mild lift in the future so I didnt opt for the traditional box that sits in the back. This way I can reach over the side of the bed and get what I need.
Me and a buddy went and got both of our trucks done so we got a little bit knocked off the price.
Color matched Line-X
on with the pics.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That looks great....I have been wanting to do that also and the the rocker panels...I like that tool box I need a couple of those....

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Weird, I just replied to this and my message doesn't show up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Exceptional! If you don't mind, what did it set you back?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
That's a nice lookin bed you got there.

Don't you just love Line-X? I know I love mine.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea i want to do the box and my truck has the lariat tan two tone on the bottom and i wanted to put the line x down there with color matching i think that would be nice for all the dirt roads that im on

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Very nice.

Those are nice tool boxes.

Not sure how you have it mounted but it needs some support besides the bottom. I had a company truck with some and they only bolted them on the very bottom part and the bottom broke out eventually.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, wish I could get out and wash the truck but the whatever

vshortt- got it all done for $650, steep I know

DavidPhillips, Ive got it mounted with two bolts through the bottom and the bed on the main big portion, then at the portion that goes over the wheel well it has another bolt through it and the bed with some spacers to sit on because of the gap.
Does this sound like enough support? Last thing I want to do is tear the thing up.
Or were you talking about mounting from the side also? Im just not to crazy about putting a screw through the side of the bed, my luck it would go all the way through

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That sounds a lot better than what I had. They bolted it only on the very bottom and not over the wheel well. I'm sure the amount of weight in the top part applying leverage to the bottom had a lot to do with it. Sounds like your OK to me with the wheel well supporting it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks guys, wish I could get out and wash the truck but the whatever

vshortt- got it all done for $650, steep I know

DavidPhillips, Ive got it mounted with two bolts through the bottom and the bed on the main big portion, then at the portion that goes over the wheel well it has another bolt through it and the bed with some spacers to sit on because of the gap.
Does this sound like enough support? Last thing I want to do is tear the thing up.
Or were you talking about mounting from the side also? Im just not to crazy about putting a screw through the side of the bed, my luck it would go all the way through
Eh.....I always balk at prices but never cease to pay them. If you wanna play, ya gotta pay! That's the word, anyway! Anyway, it looks tremendous. Very nice, indeed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been looking for a box like this- except I would like it to open from the back of the box, I will be rhino lining the box before installing.:thumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a question for everybody. I'm looking at line-xing my whole truck. i have seen pics of Chevy and Toyota but i cant find some of ford. Has anyone done this or have any pics of a 08 super cab? I just sent an e-mail to a line-x dealer to get an estimate. once i get a reply i will let you know how much. if it cost 650 just for a bed and a tool box I'm a little scared. I'm hoping no more than 1,700ish

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks good man, just got my bed Line-Xed and the whole frame undercoated a few days back. I love it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts