Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20, 000miles and this is my 3rd oil change. The fuel filter and air filter was filthy. I forgot what my turbo sounded like. :rofl: it was lazy as hell. Its spooling quick now..

Picked up everything from O'Reillys. $11.99 a gallon for Chevron Delo 15w40. I meant it when I told the dealership that was the last $275 oil change they get out me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the fuel filter under the truck scared me.. the housing cracked. Good thing the oring sits midways on the housing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Most of the country is in a deep freeze. Not sure where you are from but I wouldn't be putting no 15W-40 in it. Just my opinion

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the country is in a deep freeze. Not sure where you are from but I wouldn't be putting no 15W-40 in it. Just my opinion
I'm in South Louisiana... that's all we run out this way. It was 52degrees yesterday.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow, for the oil changes at my dealer is 130 something. Now if I get all new filters its in the 275 range but for the normal oil change and tire rotations its no where near that?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm in South Louisiana... that's all we run out this way. It was 52degrees yesterday.
we have about an 80 degree difference in temp!! good job on the maintance. how do make out with side oil plug and the two foot stream oil that comes out of it!! my floor got dirty!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we have about an 80 degree difference in temp!! good job on the maintance. how do make out with side oil plug and the two foot stream oil that comes out of it!! my floor got dirty!!
I have a 5gallon catch pan but had no idea the plug was coming out like that. Luckily I had it in the right spot. I spilled very little.. scared the crap out of me

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, for the oil changes at my dealer is 130 something. Now if I get all new filters its in the 275 range but for the normal oil change and tire rotations its no where near that?
That was oil, oil filter, topped off the exhaust fluid, airfilter and I can't remember what else. I need to look for the invoice. That was my last dealedship experience

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Fumoto oil valves are the best invention for oil changes ever!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe the nipple is held in place by an o ring and a groove and is there temp to drain only.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is from the Quikvalve website

F316L: Elbow Joint Oil Drain Valve 14mm-1.5

*Not recommended for low ground clearance engines. Unlike the other Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, The elbow joint, which accept hose, is removable and rotates 360 degrees. The adjusting bolt between the body and the joint of the valve allows you to fix the joint at any angle as as you like.

:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
So you guys aren't getting lifetime oil changes for free through ford? Our dealer does lifetime oil changes on anything you buy. All our trucks have it and our new explorer. But we usually just change them our selves because of the hassle of dropping it off....etc plus we run synthetic 5w-40

·
Registered
340 Posts
No! And one change to 5-40 cost me $214.93 at a ford dealer in little rock AR.

·
Registered
628 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts