Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought the truck that was eying me from the used car lot I drive by every day. After careful investigation on web-sites (including this one) I went ahead and bought it - a 2000 F250 7.3 power stroke. Previous to signing on the dotted line, I dove it with my family in it about 70 miles and ran like a champ. The next day, after I bought it, it started stalling and died. I started it and would idle fine but went to put in to drive (automatic) and would slowly chug along but give it a little pedal, it would die. I did the following:

Changed the cam position sensor
Drained the fuel filter

Started it back up and drove it home at normal 25-40 MPH speeds with out a hiccup about 3 miles then it started cutting out again.

Is this just bad luck or might there have been some deliberate hiding of mechanical issues from the dealer. I have heard of sometimes chips being removed from the previous owners and dealers not checking that then causing these kind of failures.

Any suggestions would be appreciated before I start this beast up again and look into this further.

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
lol you shouldn't have posted this in the interior section man! Your getting warmer, but not quite yet!
Post this in the General section... you'll get the most hits there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I took my truck to my buddies house (that I have not seen for about 10 yrs) to take a look at it. He works on diesel motors for a living (Thank God)! He hooked up his scanner to the truck then open the hood and found some exposed wires that were touching each other causing the stalling and eventually dying. He put some electrical tape around the exposed wire and today I will be taking the truck back to him so he can cut out the exposed/burnt wire and sauder back and put back under the wire loom. Glad to have him about 1-1/2 miles away from my house!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Ahhh uvch I'm gonna assume?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts