Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dunno how many checked out the other thread of Trucks got a new friend but im finally getting around to uploading all the pictures of it so here ya go:

Nitrous Express Stacker 200 Dry Shot:
15LBS bottle with Flow Through Pressure Gauge

Bottle mounted on tire well

Running main feed line under truck and up through engine compartment

Power Supply line spliced/soldered into Upfitter #2

Solenoid tapped into Torque Tube, on the passenger side, powe supply routed up over top and tucked away near Intercooler, and fed through firewall and into the wide open throttle switch.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Looks nice man!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiring Map

Thanks to SPL2k for this help.
But i deleted the supplied switch and used the upfitter instead which meant didn't have to run wire "A" and "C" as the upfitter is supplied with 12v+ and a ground and is indeed a switch in itself. So instead of wire "B" connecting into the switch, it was directly soldered and connected to Upfitter switch 2 .

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Hey it looks good bro!
One thing is I can't tell in the picture of it running under the truck if you have a rubber grommet around the hole it's going through. If not it will eventually wear a hole in the line, even though it's steel braided, it happened to me in my Camaro.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey it looks good bro!
One thing is I can't tell in the picture of it running under the truck if you have a rubber grommet around the hole it's going through. If not it will eventually wear a hole in the line, even though it's steel braided, it happened to me in my Camaro.
No but i have looked for some, Ill head to home depot and check it out there, i was gonna put on in it to stop rain from getting it to stop rust, didn't think about it rubbing through the hose.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
No but i have looked for some, Ill head to home depot and check it out there, i was gonna put on in it to stop rain from getting it to stop rust, didn't think about it rubbing through the hose.
I didn't either until I turned the bottle on and heard the noise, and looked under the car and there was this big icicle hanging down :doh:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
looks nice matt

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
That wiring diagram was NICE man... When Eric and I installed his Nitrous he hooked his up to his upfitter switch too!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
looks good, but that blue wiring needs to be rerouted and hidden better

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
so, where did you install the micro switch? I have a NOS kit on my mustang that I could take off and install on my truck. I thought about 100 shot. it looked pretty easy to convert, except the activation switch. I dont guess you have to worry about fuel pressure huh? by that I mean spiking it to make it higher when you hit the bottle?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuel pressure is good, i don't have the micro switch its removed, I connected the solenoid power staight into #2 upfitter switch, by no means was this meant to be a stealthy install no point in hiding the blue wires, if the bottle is out in the open like that.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Looks good Matt!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
ya know how the gasser NOS systems have that fuel pressure safety switch to make sure that the fuel pressure spikes like it should? do diesels have to have a fule pressure spike like that?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like your back window stickers! Did you have those custom done?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Fuel pressure is good, i don't have the micro switch its removed, I connected the solenoid power staight into #2 upfitter switch, by no means was this meant to be a stealthy install no point in hiding the blue wires, if the bottle is out in the open like that.
i didnt mean hide it to hide the no2, i mean its unsightly.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I just googled a sticker company and had them print one was, really good quality and nice cuts on it.

Yea it is kinda unsightly i can reroute the wires to make it look better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts