Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just ordered a new 2020 superduty and it has the fifth wheel prep package, I have a guy with a hitch from a 2016 superduty with the prep package. Will that work in my new truck as well or did ford change the sizing? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
From the 2020 Superduty order guide:
"The 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package (53W) is compatible w/the factory orderable 5th Wheel Hitch Kits (15K and 15L) and Dealer installed Ford Accessories 5th Wheel Hitch kit by Reese – part #BC3Z-19D520-A (8 ft. box only). The prep package is also compatible w/Reese Signature Series 5th wheel hitch kits updated w/a new Leg Service Kit – Part# BC3Z-A00A25-A (8 ft. box only)"

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
So i just ordered a new 2020 superduty and it has the fifth wheel prep package, I have a guy with a hitch from a 2016 superduty with the prep package. Will that work in my new truck as well or did ford change the sizing? Thanks
I doubt greatly they would change. Goto Etrailer.com and read. Factory Ford Pucks have been the same as far as I can remember. Most hitches come with add one to for the various pickup. That way they make the hitch, then just add the parts to fit Ford, Chevy, Fiat.

My next hitch with be a goose box. Then it’s just a ball in the bed

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
The OEM branded 5r hitch should fit easily. The Ford bed/frame hitch system hasn't changed enough to worry about it. Not hard to check the hitch......put it in the bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts