Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent my ficm down to get repaired. What does everyone think about adding a tune vs. leaving it stock and what tune to add. this truck is not a daily driver and not sure if I will have it long term.
Is the boost in fuel economy worth the added dollars?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
809 Posts
I gained about 1-1 1/2 mpg's went I tuned my FICM.
The truck also run's a LOT better.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
I'll be adding the atlas 40 if I end up using Ed to repair my FICM. If I get the BPD FICM then I'll leave it stock to start.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
My opinion is biased, but I ran the atlas40 before I started working for the company and loved it then. I still love it now.

The Atlas40 is the highest I recommend that people go if they tow anything heavy (+6000lbs) because most run a ECM tune stacked.

On a personal level, I can say that the FICM tune quickly paid for itself in fuel economy not to mention a smoother running motor with lifted throttle response.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
My opinion is biased, but I ran the atlas40 before I started working for the company and loved it then. I still love it now.

The Atlas40 is the highest I recommend that people go if they tow anything heavy (+6000lbs) because most run a ECM tune stacked.

On a personal level, I can say that the FICM tune quickly paid for itself in fuel economy not to mention a smoother running motor with lifted throttle response.
If I'm reading your sig correctly you have the BPD FICM with the atlas 40 on it, correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts