Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some more of the usual. Praise for Ed at FICMRepair.com. Due to stuff I learned from here, I saw my FICM headed south and sent it to Ed to rebuild while I was gone on vacation. Also had the Atlas 40 put on it also ...since it was out. Got it put back int he truck today and ....AWESOME!!! :woot:

Ed does great work. Never saw it dip below 47.5V and was up in the 48.5V at times. I have never seen it that high. He had it back on my doorstep before I was even half way through vacation. Total down time 4 days! Highly recommended!

And it does not stop there. The tune from PHP is great too. Turbo spools up a lot quicker and overall better power. There is only one issue that I have with PHP and that is their statement that you will see an increase in gas mileage with their tune. I do not believe that to be true....because I can not keep my foot off the skinny pedal. Not only is my fuel mileage going down but I am going to need tires even quicker!

All kidding a side I would highly recommend both companies to anyone. :thumb::thumb: Two thumbs up for 2 great companies.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Ed just done mine also :thumb: also well satisfied. fast turn around time. cant really tell diff in the atlas 40, I already have Erics sct extreem tune. so no major diff. but not enough time behind the wheel yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
had mine back from him for 2months now and have the same atlas 40 and its well worth it

·
Glow Plugs Only
1,360 Posts
Don't want my FICM going out anytime soon but am heading towards the Atlas 40 As soon as funds allow for it. All the reviews are real positive :thumb:

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have noticed a larger difference in performance with the Atlas 40 due to the fact that I have no other tuning on my truck, yet. I think I am going to go with SRL as soon as I get my EGR deleted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had Ed put the atlas 40 in mine. Ed was great to work with, I had emailed him several times asking questions and he replied within a couple hours every time. Super nice guy. Great thing was my ficm was shipped back to me the day after they received it. Can't beat that. My truck runs great now! Money well spent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I may have noticed a larger difference in performance with the Atlas 40 due to the fact that I have no other tuning on my truck, yet. I think I am going to go with SRL as soon as I get my EGR deleted.
I put my truck back to stock a couple weeks before I sent mine off to get programmed just to see how big of a difference it made. I noticed a big difference over stock also.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ed just done mine also :thumb: also well satisfied. fast turn around time. cant really tell diff in the atlas 40, I already have Erics sct extreem tune. so no major diff. but not enough time behind the wheel yet.
I'm also running Eric's extreme street. Why didn't you go with the atlas 80 or Hercules? Do you tow once in a while?
I want to do this upgrade before this winter but my truck is my DD. I need to do some homework on Ed's FICM swap procedure and potential software conflicts upgrading to the 4-pin FICM (03-04 has a 7-pin setup I think).

·
Registered
368 Posts
What are PHP Atlas tunes? FICM alterations? Or ECM flashes?

I'm not a fan of warranty "levels":

"For the two year service, however, we take things a step further by using even higher end components in our work that go even further to resolve the original design challenges and more closely scrutinize the parts potentially needing replacement generally, basically replacing any components tested that don't test out as if they were new instead of 'merely' replacing any components that are found burnt, heat damaged, out of spec, or suffering from bad solder connections."

For $100 and only an extra year warranty...I'm not sure the above statement makes much sense to me. I have to pay the extra $100 to get what I think should be done with EVERY FICM repair. Thats why I'd be sending it in...to get it fixed properly right then.

Whats the difference in "merely replacing components that are out of spec" (45 day warranty) and "replacing any components tested that don't test out as if they were new" (2 year warranty)??

I guess I'm more of a one price, best possible service on everything, 2 year warranty....or we don't mess with it type of person.

Then again they have the business and I don't. :D I'd always chose the full service and get it done right once.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is what I chose was the higher level service. My thought was might as well do it once and not have to do it again. This is the way it was explained to me and it might make a little more sense.

The basic repair is a complete repair to get it back to working condition. They replace any bad components and fix any solder connections. The 2 yr warranty repair is more of an upgrade that a basic repair. They take and upgrade the components not just repair the bad ones.

I agree with you that if I am going to do it, I only want to do it once. That is why I went with the 2yr service. I have seen a lot of guys on there that went his his basic repair and I have yet to hear of someone having any trouble with it. I am not made of money but for $100...that is a oil change why not get it.

The Atlas tune is a programming flash that provides some more horsepower by optimizing your injectors. They have a 40hp and 80 hp tune. They also have an economy tune that turns back some of the fuel mileage robbing changes that Ford introduced. I would do the economy tune at the minimum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts