Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just send my FICM out for repair/tune. Has anyone had trouble with high exhaust temps towing as warned with the Atlas 40 tune? I will be towing just shy of 8K lbs at times. My truck has stock exhaust, cat etc. I was toying with just removing the cat for a little better flow, I really don't care about exhaust systems for better tone, etc. I am concerned about high exhaust temps towing, because I don't monitor exhaust temps and I'm not looking to spend extra money on the truck when it is a secondary vehicle and used for recreation. I'd much rather put the money in my Mustang.

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Go pay the like 270 for a 4in turbo back. Should cool it off. Or just monitor it.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Jerk the cat you'll be fine.

Ive towed 14k with mine and it didnt get hot

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jerk the cat you'll be fine.

Ive towed 14k with mine and it didnt get hot
That's the answer I was looking for...................I always idle down my truck for at least 7 to 10 minutes after towing my RV, I'll get a CAT delete pipe.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
This past weekend I pulled the camper (8k) with Vivian's tow/agg tune and Atlas80, EGT never went above 1100*.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Pshh that's just a tent you pull don't lie!
LOL!! I was too lazy to switch over to the atlas 40, so said why not lets see how the atlas 80 pulls. I noticed no change between the two FICM tunes when towing.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
LOL!! I was too lazy to switch over to the atlas 40, so said why not lets see how the atlas 80 pulls. I noticed no change between the two FICM tunes when towing.

I was wondering about that, since I pull my car 3 to5 times a year. car and trailer is about 5k. if there is no difference then why not run the atlas 80?

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Vivian has really refined her tunes over the years, I don't have a ficm tune. But I can run my truck up over 100mph at wot on the looney wild making plenty of power and not even hit 1,200

1 - 9 of 9 Posts