Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 f250 6.0 needs a new ficm. From what I have heard to go with a 58v! Whats the best place to get one that's reasonable on price, I just spent a good chunk of change on egr delete and oil cooler along with new batteries. I need my truck so I cant send this one in to get fix any help or info would be great thanks!

·
aka MacGyver
165 Posts
I have a 05 f250 6.0 needs a new ficm. From what I have heard to go with a 58v! Whats the best place to get one that's reasonable on price, I just spent a good chunk of change on egr delete and oil cooler along with new batteries. I need my truck so I cant send this one in to get fix any help or info would be great thanks!
You do not necessarily need to buy a new one. The one you have might be able to be repaired for next to nothing. The link below shows how to repair them.

FICM Photos by DrQuad | Photobucket

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Most companies charge a core charge and refund it when they receive a rebuildable core.

Bulletproof Diesel; Sinister and several others sell FICM's
Ed at FICMrepair.com has an exchange program but not shure how it works tho.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Just a thought but you might wanna just put a new thread out on here that sais your lookin for a spare ficm.
I bought one on here that had a atlas 80 tune for a very resonable price. Threw it in the truck and then sent my spare into ficmrepair.com and got it fixed up. Now Ive got 2 strong ficm's just in case things go bad.
Did the same thing with my turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.