Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it ordered the php ficm tuner today! I'll get all of them!! Can't wait to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
177 Posts
Your gonna enjoy it. If nothing else mine helped the fuel mileage but it did also give a decent power boost. You won't notice much on top power with your tunes though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your gonna enjoy it. If nothing else mine helped the fuel mileage but it did also give a decent power boost. You won't notice much on top power with your tunes though.
So it's kindve a waste of money?

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, just won't be as noticeable to you since you have tunes where I do not have tunes and made a very noticeable difference.

The main benefit is low end power and fuel mileage increase

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok I gotcha!! Thanks man!! I was told you can really tell a difference on btm end!! Which will help make up for my lagging pmax!! But hoping to get a stage 2 soon!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stage two with those 190 injectors will be sweet! I wonder if anyone has done any testing to see if the ficm tunes help out with larger injectors vs stock injectors.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet someone has!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it will be here Friday!! Can't wait to see how the Hercules reacts with the SPD and Pmax!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let us know how it works....I am getting the same tune from Chris here shortly and I also have a pmax too so im really interested to see how it reacts!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure will!! Your getting your truck live tuned from him? If so your goin to love it!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im not getting it lived tuned yet as it would be a haul to his place in texas....one day down the road when i save the money im going to get injectors and a few other goodies but until then im just getting his spd through email!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea it was for me but luckily I was workin around there and stopped on my way home! He is a nice guy really knows his stuff bout these beast!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the Hercules loaded!! Bout to head for a drive!!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
it'll turn your truck into a whole new beast, it did for mine at least and that's with running spd daily.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already notice better throttle response! Wasn't able to tell much on power yet was you able?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Already notice better throttle response! Wasn't able to tell much on power yet was you able?

every truck/strategy is different I guess. I noticed a big difference up top, big, and of course the impressive throttle response. Seems like some trucks respond to ficm tuning more than others

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure the power is there just have to drive it lol!! I do like it though and feel it was well worth the money!! Haven't got on it up top yet!! Big props to PHP!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
every truck/strategy is different I guess. I noticed a big difference up top, big, and of course the impressive throttle response. Seems like some trucks respond to ficm tuning more than others
Are you running the Pmax?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I though you would like it. It def makes a difference. It's not like ECM tunning but I'd odes open up some great power!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I though you would like it. It def makes a difference. It's not like ECM tunning but I'd odes open up some great power!
I love it I have all the ficm tunes but doubt I will ever load them after running the Hercules lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts