Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading a lot on here and about everything i see mentions a ficm tune, i have personally not had any experience with a "ficm tune" what is it and whats does it do, i assume it helps it, and makes it perform better but how ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay hate to do it but you really need to search. This topic pops right up so no excuses why you couldn't find anything.

Maybe WarChild is rubbing off on me...
I was trying to get a more basic knowledge and sone suggestions, the internet topics dont cover such a wide variety

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,069 Posts
Your sct tuned the pcm

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Reading and reading about the best way for me to update my eX.
I try not to post questions here much as the feedback is minimal or you get the "Search" . Probably because were newer and if your really really good at reading between the PW'ing of the 15 page thread your trying to research you'll find kinda what your trying to ask.
My case. I need to update the FICM as I have the old post buzz stratigy.

Google "does sct tune ficm". So far it's been the best reading on what guys have tried, tested, done, worked ect ect with regards to the gryphon, sct tunes with FICM updates/tuning.
Hope this helps ya out!!
Myself, I'm looking at sending FICM Into PHP for the atlas 40(i tow), ordering SCT with custom tunes from someone, monitoring with iphone and the torque app. The more I read the more that can and probably will change. I really wanted the Gryphon CTS for the monitoring but the fusion update scared me off plus the cost of the FICM tune, CTS for display then the proven SCT custom tunes for long term reliability is tooooo expensive for me :(

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Reactions: ATV PRO 11

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Reactions: ATV PRO 11

·
Registered
153 Posts
Lilpooh is the MAN!! I see you all over these sites.
Awesome links Sir, Thank you!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes, FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module), its located on top of your driver side valve cover. tuning this is different than a PCM tune.

Your SCT will flash the PCM located in passenger side kick panel.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module), its located on top of your driver side valve cover. tuning this is different than a PCM tune.

Your SCT will flash the PCM located in passenger side kick panel.

Trust me, i know where its located, ive put 3 in my truck in the past year lol, you know, just my luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts