Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up another 6.0L after selling my 05 about a year ago, back when I had that truck I found a PHP FICM programmer with no issue. I cannot for the life of me find anything, are these programmers no longer a thing? Would I have to just send my FICM in now?

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,742 Posts
I recently picked up another 6.0L after selling my 05 about a year ago, back when I had that truck I found a PHP FICM programmer with no issue. I cannot for the life of me find anything, are these programmers no longer a thing? Would I have to just send my FICM in now?
They're out there but hard to find, Idk if PHP discontinued them or what. There's a few places that can rent you a programmer or have you send the FICM in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I am incompetent or what but I can't even find rentals, just sending my FICM in. I can't have my truck down so it's not really an option.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't know if I am incompetent or what but I can't even find rentals, just sending my FICM in. I can't have my truck down so it's not really an option.
I looked on blessed performance website and under tuning they offer the php ficm tuning. It’s labeled as 675 dollars but you get 450 back when u return the device. (Roughly I don’t remember off the top of my head). Unless I have read that as wrong but I think that’s what they are doing is basically renting it to you with a deposit. I was thinking about doing that soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had never heard of them prior to reading your build thread. How do you like their tunes?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh... are they really selling them for a thousand?? I think I might have paid 400 a few years ago.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had never heard of them prior to reading your build thread. How do you like their tunes?
I have 3 tunes and only had one on so far. I’m happy with them. I have no experience with any other tunes tho. He has great customer service. I got other parts from him for my engine rebuild and I was very happy with it all start to finish. Matt’s a good dude

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 3 tunes and only had one on so far. I’m happy with them. I have no experience with any other tunes tho. He has great customer service. I got other parts from him for my engine rebuild and I was very happy with it all start to finish. Matt’s a good dude

Do they do anything for off-road trucks?

·
Administrator
23,077 Posts
I guess the question is why do you think you need it?

This is great read about it BTW

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I had one before that I ran with my pcm tuning and I was happy with it. Here not to long ago I started a thread trying to figure out tuning options for my truck that no longer has certain components. So my thought was running a FICM tune instead of PCM tuning as I’m not looking for any major gains, some MPG and towing help.

·
Administrator
23,077 Posts
Got ya, most of our favorites have been pushed out.
Its harder and harder to find the things we know and because of that the pricing is over the top.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man that really sucks, thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Wow, maybe i should look into selling mine. And my sct that isnt updated. I have hp tuners on one truck and going that route with the other. I paid $200 for each a few years back.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What would you consider selling it for?

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
FICM Tuners are not really available anymore and very few invest in the programming tools needed since well you know the 6.7l are successful. They have doubled in price in a matter of years but just like H&S they stopped making them and demand went up for price went up. Not a real justification but its how the world works. I actually bought the right edge tuner years ago and mailed it to php to have it converted but that was in 2012ish.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
What would you consider selling it for?
That i will have to get back to you on. Until i know for sure who can/will tune my truck the way i want once the engine is built, i need to keep my options open. Hoping hp tuners will be the way to go but i may end up needing to use my sct. I was hoping to be done with the truck by now, but by the time the parts were available, i now dont have time till fall.

I did pay to unlock a second vin on my ficm tuner so i could tune both trucks. I dont know if they both are available if returned to stock or not. I know you could tune atleast one with it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixleaker450
1 - 19 of 19 Posts