Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, just came from IDP earlier and Eric wanted to test his FICM (Fuel Injector Control Module) tunes on a newer year 6.0.

He already has them running on his 04 and he wanted to test them on a later year 6.0. So.....we threw the computer on my rig and tried it out.

And it works!!! I only have his mild "Econo" file on now and it pulls hard! My old launches were about 2000 RPMs, anything over 2200 and the truck would creep off the brakes. Now it likes to creep at 17-1800 and launched on my Xtreme Street at 1900 without spray, and it took off like a bat outta .....well, you know! :D And it still spun all 4 tires on dry road!!:doh:

I also got to drive Eric's new 04 4x4 with the Xtreme Race and Race FICM file, all I can say is that truck is sick!!! :eek::D

He has to convert the format on the Performance and Race files for my FICM and then we will be trying them.

Once this is all set, and he gets some starter cores in (already ordered) he will be offering FICM tunes as well.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Does he tune it through SCT?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I already sent him a PM--put me on the list.

SCT won't tune a FICM as far as I know.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does he tune it through SCT?
Its not through the XCals or Livewires if thats what ya thinking. It is a programming unit that he has that runs off his laptop and then it is a module swap out.

It'll work like this, you order the FICM and the level of tune and there will be a core charge, and he'll send you the unit and you test it, swap units, and then send yours back to get your core charge back.:thumb:

I already sent him a PM--put me on the list.

SCT won't tune a FICM as far as I know.
I should of guessed that it wouldnt take you and Terri long, Tim!! :D:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
oh ok thanks..

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what kind of gains will this give and what is the advantage of this??
It is basicly finer tuning of the injectors, timing, fuel delivery etc. (He doesn't tell me all his secrets:D)...and if I remember the numbers the correctly, we would be looking at an approx gain of 45, 65, and 100 HP depending on the level you choose.:thumb:

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put it this way, his 04 and mine are still on stock injectors.:nod::D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Jeez, spin in 4hi? Thats hot.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Is this the same thing that Spartan is doing??

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't think so...I believe he is concentrating on the 08s..:dunno:

This is for the 03 -07 6.0s.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
They were doing something new for the 03-07 6.0. He said it was going to be done like 2 or 3 weeks after the 6.4L tuning was done..

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure thing!!

He should be ready to ship for the earlier years soon...not goin to give an exact date just in case his cores dont show up in time. And the later years (I think its the 05s +) not long after. He will probably want me to run them to make sure they all take to the newer computers.:thumb:

They were doing something new for the 03-07 6.0. He said it was going to be done like 2 or 3 weeks after the 6.4L tuning was done..
Oh OK...Dunno honestly.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DKR U and eric good buds get me a deal on a trial one haha!
Now why would I give away my secrets too? :eek::joke::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Unfortunatly, his test bed for the early years is his own truck, sorry.:dunno::lol2:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts