Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Thanks Rich, I just saw that. Looks like I'll be buying a new one, unless somebody wants to sell theirs for $300??? :hehe:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dang looks like I should waited to buy mine Haha

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yep I tried to hollar at ya. It'll be in the mail in the morning !

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So, what kinda F150 did you get? Pics?
Ended up not getting it. He wasn't gonna give enough on top of his truck. It was a 04 with 166k

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
The 3 valve 5.4 is a great little motor. I just bought an 06 Expedition a couple weeks ago, it's got some decent power. I need to order some tunes from Bill for it. It's almost as fun to drive as the HD

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How hard is it to fix the cam phasers ?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
How hard is it to fix the cam phasers ?
Ill say 8/10 for a moderately inclined person ...but can be fatal to the 3v if not done properly...

You know that ticking sound a 5.3 Chevy motor makes at idle? Its normal for the gm's

That sound from a 3v 5.4 usually denotes failing cam phasers.

As for the plug issues on 06 & earlier models...it can turn into a 1000$ plug job @ the dealer if 6 or 8 break off

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ill say 8/10 for a moderately inclined person ...but can be fatal to the 3v if not done properly...

You know that ticking sound a 5.3 Chevy motor makes at idle? Its normal for the gm's

That sound from a 3v 5.4 usually denotes failing cam phasers.

As for the plug issues on 06 & earlier models...it can turn into a 1000$ plug job @ the dealer if 6 or 8 break off

The Lisle broken spark plug remover works great to get those out. I broke off 5 one time, used the tool got em all out like a champ.

Just my two cents. :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Coolant filter is sold. Fantom do you still want the tuner ? I ended up getting the truck. I'm gonna fix the cam phasers and do the lockouts.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The Lisle broken spark plug remover works great to get those out. I broke off 5 one time, used the tool got em all out like a champ.

Just my two cents. :D
I'll keep that in mind thanks man

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Sure I'm still interested, what kinda $$$ you looking for (keep in mind they're $349 brand new) :hehe: shoot me a pm with your best price if ya don't mind

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Coolant filter is sold. Fantom do you still want the tuner ? I ended up getting the truck. I'm gonna fix the cam phasers and do the lockouts.
Got the filter yesterday. Thanks again...

Did you cut your hand packing it? Lol there was blood in The box lol

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Glad you got it. I don't think I did Haha

21 - 40 of 41 Posts