Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been kicking around the idea of renting a FICM tuner and flashing the Atlas 40 tune on my FICM. I could use the added MPG in the city and the idea of having a "peppier" 6.0 is appealing for the relatively low cost (I think around $170).

currently, there is nothing wrong with my FICM and I don't want to go through the hassle and cost of removing it to send out or to install an upgraded one. whenever it does decide to up and die on me I am pretty set on replacing it with a BPD 4 or 6 phase unit anyway.

my question is if/when this happens to me will the tune still be on the FICM logic board? or is it paired in some way to the power board? my understanding is with the BPD upgrade you crack open the FICM, keep the backboard with all the plugs and toss the power/transformer/magic voltage box side and screw the two back together. will I need to reflash if that is the case?

would I just be better off siphoning off small sums of money from under the wife's nose and just doing the tune and replacing the power side of the board all at once in a few months?

I should add that my 6 has been studded, new EGR, new oil cooler, blue spring, coolant filter, and is on fresh Rotella T6/filter and fresh fuel filters. we will also be taking it to Montana from Texas in a couple of months.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,767 Posts
The tune file is on the logic side. If you replace the power supply you will keep the tune.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MtnTallPaul

·
Administrator
33,284 Posts
hope you can find a FICM tuner for that price
the EPA made them worth more now than ever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts