Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a test for FICM voltage involves removing a cover plate on top of the FICM to test voltage on the screw closest to fender (4 screw version). Would having say a SCT turner or TorquePro plugged in reading FICM volts give the same results as far as testing goes?

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I see a test for FICM voltage involves removing a cover plate on top of the FICM to test voltage on the screw closest to fender (4 screw version). Would having say a SCT turner or TorquePro plugged in reading FICM volts give the same results as far as testing goes?
It should read the same...or very close to. However, what i've found is that some monitors (like my CTS2 - I think TorquePro would be quick enough) don't boot up and read real time data fast enough right after you turn the key on. You don't get a reading till ~20 seconds after KOEO, so if your FICMv is dropping and recovering quick enough, you won't catch it.

The meter test is easy, will take you 10 minutes to do, and provide you with real time data KOEO. You can always put a meter on it and have someone switch the key on while watching your monitor at the same time to see if you get a different readings. My $.02 worth :grin:

-jokester

1 - 4 of 4 Posts