Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had22 volt cranking and 32 volts running so I pulled the ficm. Did the repair although the soldering didn't appear to have any cracks or anything I re-flowed them anyway. Back in the truck and still the same problem. Fired it up and it still misses and has absolutely no power fir 15 minutes. After 15 minutes I can deal with it but it still doesn't have what it should and it still skips and misses even when hot. Code was p0276, cylinder 6 injector circuit low. I did check the wires and connectors for chaffing while it was out as well and all was well.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Unfortuneately the resolder does not always work. There are 2 parts to the FICM the circuit board and 3 12v to 48 volt transformers if the transformers are dead or circuitry to them is broke ya still wont get 48v. There are also other components that can be bad on the board. Anything look burnt or discolored?

You also may have other injector problems as well as the FICM. A dead coil on say the #6 injector, striction on that cylinder.

Have it tested with a scanner that can do a buzz test and a cylinder contribution and balance test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad has an 04. Would it be okay to take his ficm out and see if it fixes mine since it's only like a 15 minute job to take out? If my problems go away with his ficm then I could just steal his! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts