Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who dont know my situation, i bought a (new to me) 06 psd 6.0 and had a bad stc valve and some dumby plugs. now the dealer is letting me know that the truck is still running rough and it might need a new ficm and injector #7. i told them just to leave that way and ill fix the rest mysef since i was already paying 1600-1700. i know that i can get my ficm repaired with a "atlas 40" tune for cheap with ficmrepair.com but where can i get a injector for cheap? is the injector a simple swap? thanks in advanced!

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Ficmrepair.com cost's $195 for the repair + $150 for the tune so your looking at $400 there plus shipping. Then an injector will cost you around $220 from toulsey ford. If you remove all yours and send them to Jesse Warren he will rebuild them I think for $500 or build you bigger ones 155/stock nozzles for $750. It's not a hard job to do but it does take time and some good tools.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Always replace the FICM first and then diag faulty injectors afterwards. A failing ficm can cause individual cylinders to over fuel or even misfire.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You guys think i should try fixing the ficm myself first? Or just send it out?
Send it out.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Send it out to Ed. I used him to repair mine and would highly recommend him! Went with the 2yr upgraded service and the Atlas 40 tune. Only regret is going with the Atlas 40 tune. Wish I had gone with the ECO tune, the Altas 40 is causing my SRL to smoke like a cummins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts