Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got that darn P0611 code yesterday morning and it was 29*. Im thinking of sending it to them for repair.

What are the pro's and con"s of this tune?

What preformance improvements have you seen?

What MPG gains have you seen?

I do pull a 18ft tracker with a 125hp outboard'.

My truck is running stock tuning and i dont plan on getting a SCT for a while yet.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have the economy tune and it improves overall drivability. I see a little better mileage, but my mileage was always good.

·
Administrator
31,234 Posts
I think you'll be happy
based off of others comments

I am going to order the handheld tuner with a roll back from PHP for my Bulletproof 58volt FICM myself so I can swap around between the programs

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I got the Atlas 40 put on before I had a custom tune done for my truck and loved the changes it made. It gave me a much better low end response. I had it put on when I had my FICM rebuilt by Ed
All that being said there is one thing I don't like about it. When I got my custom tune from Matt it paired with the Atlas 40 cause a significant increase in smoke from my truck. When I had just the Atlas 40 it would have a very slight haze but not bad at all. I have been working with him to see if we can get it taken care of but it still smokes like a Cummins when I get on it from a roll. He says the FICM is sending fuel even when the PCM tune is not calling for fuel. That is the only downside that I have with my Atlas 40.

Here is a link where this topic was discussed also.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...nions-atlas-40-ficm-tune-ficm-repair-com.html

·
Administrator
31,234 Posts
I can turn the street black with my Gearhead tune only if I mash the pedal from idle or doing 70 mph

stock I have no smoke ever

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. how is that tune for pulling?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just got mine back so I will see how it does I am excited I repair it and got the atlas 40 and put the blue spring kit on so should see a quicker response

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How lomg of wait did you have from the time you took it off the truck. Should i umhook the battiers

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Has anyone seen an increase in temperatures w the 40?

·
Registered
42 Posts
How lomg of wait did you have from the time you took it off the truck. Should i umhook the battiers

I took mine off on a Friday shipped it out on Saturday FedEx overnight. It was received on Monday and repaired the same day. It was shipped out Tuesday and I received it back on Thursday.

So I could be as little as 5 days it just depends on shipping.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. Im going to quess that now one has pulled with this tune. I would also like to know what temp increases you have seen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got mine back from Ed on Friday. Installed it yesterday and drove the truck a few miles. All I can say is I should have done this months ago.
I walked out to the truck this morning (45 degrees outside) and fired it up. NO hesitation and NO start up rattle. She is running smooth like butter.

Well worth the money spent with FICM ED. !!

Quality work at a fair price.

I knew my FICM was going out, but kept putting it off until now. I'll drive it a little more this week.

So far very positive...

·
2,068 Posts
Sounds like I'm gonna pull mine out Sunday night and over night it and have it back quick.

·
2,068 Posts
I'm jelly of how fast he did this. Test and removed in under 10 mins

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think my FICM is going out in the Ex., it has the rough idle on the first start of the morning. I will be checking the voltage at the FICM, but have another question. My battery voltage was less than 12.3. Ed states on his web site he will not warranty the FICM if the batteries voltage is less then 12.3. Put two new batteries in yesterday, and this morning the voltage was 12.28. I have the batteries on a 2amp trickle and they are up to like 13.2. When I disconnect the charger the voltage startes dropping by .01 volt every two seconds. Is this normal? If so how far should it drop before it stops. I want to get this resolved before having the FICM repaired.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds simple enough. Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks for the info. Im going to quess that now one has pulled with this tune. I would also like to know what temp increases you have seen.
I just got back from a trip that started in SoCal and went up to Mammoth pulling my heavy 5th wheel toyhauler(12,000+lbs), couple of grades over 8,000'. I did this same trip back in August using the Economy Tune, this time switched to Atlas40. I noticed some more bottome end power that helped on a few grades and my EGT's weren't any worse than before. I usually run around on Hercules tune but may stick with the Atlas40 for awhile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts