Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the ficm relay have 2 full time hots 1 key hot and 1 ground??. I have to hots and 2 nothing showing with key on/off

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I wont sugar coat it, relays are easier to replace than test sometimes. What kind of problem are you having?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No start after studs hg oil cooler and hpop starter... went to test ficm it has a 4 post so went to post closes to driver side no voltage with key off on or cranking

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking blown fuse broke wire or ficm bad

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Ahhhh, I remember your thread, keep it updated others will chime in. Wished I knew more about that, call ed @ ficmrepair.com, he will walk you through the ficm problems.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The post next to the drivers side one that you tested is the ficm voltage input. From left to right it should be: ground, ground, 12v input, 48v output. If you don't get the 12 volt input w/ the key on then check the ficm relay and harness is fully seated.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had 2 w 12v to grounds. I am just not getting any reading from actual ficm when i pulled cover off but my cts shows 47.5 and 48

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My truck was running fine when i took it apart besides the bad oil cooler and head gaskets... pulling my hair out with this thing

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Those ficm plugs must "click" in. Pull them, check for a bent pin, or one that may have been pushed out of the plug. It happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked pins all straight i will check plugs.. how can i read the 48v with a multimeter just to male sure im doing it correctly

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You said you have a cts? If your reading 48v there, it should be correct. No codes?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah says 47.5 but i got ficm to read while buzzing with key on hit 46.2 then while cranking with was 47.8 no start.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should i air test system or be looking for something else

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Codes are p0113 iat sensor circuit high input. P2552 throttle/fuel inhibit circuit/open

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Codes are p0113 iat sensor circuit high input. P2552 throttle/fuel inhibit circuit/open
Seems you may have a harness issue since moving it around, check for chafing. It isint easy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What ate this items

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If you already had a bad spot in the harness, moving it around could have finished it off. It happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On cts will icpv and icp psi show while cranking icpV is 0.2 always icp PSI is 0 always but factory dash guage is setting in middle while cranking

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
On cts will icpv and icp psi show while cranking icpV is 0.2 always icp PSI is 0 always but factory dash guage is setting in middle while cranking
The cts will show icp v or icp psi, not both, which one are you seeing? And the dash guage is lpo, icp is hpo, not the same. You should see at least .8 volts or 500 psi while cranking. If not, disconnect icp, and see if it starts. Disconnecting will default to 500psi, to start. If it starts, your icp/pigtail is bad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have both.on.mine. took a pic but cant figure how to upload it

1 - 20 of 63 Posts