Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 06 6.0 with 102,000 miles on it. I've never turned a wrench on it. I've owned it for almost two years and have put over half those miles on it since that time. I'm just starting to have a cold injector stick. Smooths out when it warms up, but when cold it will puff a bit of white smoke at the time it shifts. Shift kinda drags when the injector sticks, but again smooths right out after it warms up. I've read about FICM reflashing but have never had it done. What does Ford charge for a reflash, and might it help fix my problem?? I also have plans on Rev-x on the next oil change, I'm only about 1500 miles from the next change. Any input will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
DO the Rev X before you do anything. Have you checked FICM voltage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not checked the voltage, but I will do that. If it's within specs, will a FICM reflash do much for me? I figure the Rev-x will do the trick, just curious about reflash's because I really don't know if it needs one, or what it might do for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I 'am with Dave, The REV X for the oil helped my truck out.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
FICM problems

:icon_ford:Hey guys today I found out from the dealer my FICM was bad on my 06 F-250. New one is $750.00. What should I do? Saw some thing about a 54v swamp?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ficmrepair.com its a lot cheaper and great. Just do a search for it and read about it. If mine ever goes that is what I am going to do.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Rev-x is a bandaid. It will stop or reduce the stiction temporarily, but the more miles you put on the oil, the more it will return (until you change it again!) I decided to just replace failing injectors as they come along, and use the rev-x as a preventative measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts