Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a FICM for 150.00 and I need to know if the part numbers will differ between the same year trucks. The truck it's coming out of is identical to mine with a build date of 12/04 and mine is 12/05. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Not sure with it beng so close, but the 03/04 are different computers than the 05 and ups. Somethng to do with the programming and maybe even the hardware.

Are you looking for another FICM to get retuned?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure with it beng so close, but the 03/04 are different computers than the 05 and ups. Somethng to do with the programming and maybe even the hardware.

Are you looking for another FICM to get retuned?
Yes, I'm looking for a FICM to get tuned...do you happen to have one for sale? I spoke with Ted and that's the only way to get your FICM tuned as of now.

The first quote the guy gave me was for the ECM, now he's quoting 350 for teh FICM. He gave me all sorts of numbers of the FICM with one being an international number. 350 seems a little steep and another 400 to have it programmed. This diesel thing is both addictive and expensive...maybe I should take up golf instead. LOL

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Nah, sorry, don't have one. I am lucky enough that I am 25 minutes from IDP. So, I just went there and Eric put one of his tunes on for me.:thumb:

Double check with IDP, but I believe that should, and I say should, work for you if you are planning to tune that one.:nod:

I know Eric ordered cores, I think he is still wanting for them. Not really sure.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
But I think that includes a 200 refundable core charge when you send him yours back.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
But I think that includes a 200 refundable core charge when you send him yours back.
yes, that's true... and since the original OP doesn't seem to be worried about his "warranty" anyways (can't say I blame him, neither do I) why not just get one from the vendor of your choice and send yours back? If had the spare cash right now I'd have one myself.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
I think I know about the cost, but not positive so I will double check and get back to you all.:thumb:

And now he is saying a different price? Hmmm, sounds kind of hinky to me.:dunno:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with Ted today and he advised me to get an extra FICM and send it in, making sure you test it before sending. They do not have any in stock and if you want one done right away that's what needs to be done. He also told me it would be 400.00 to program the FICM and did not mention anything about a 200 refundable core charge since I'll be providing the FICM. I'm sure DKR will get the scoop or Eric will chime in and let us all know. Depending on how long it would take I might just take it off my truck and send that one in.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Tuning is not cheap, but I want to say that old FICMs go anywhere from 150-250. Not totally positive on that though.

I probably won't be seeing/talkng to Eric till Saturday cause of schedules. But when I see him, I will ask for the info.:thumb:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes we need info. Eric needs to quit sleeping and just work around the clock. Oh and he needs to leave the east coast and come to the west coast.:D

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Yes we need info. Eric needs to quit sleeping and just work around the clock. Oh and he needs to leave the east coast and come to the west coast.:D

:funnypost::hehe::hehe::hehe:

And Zane, you can't have him! He is staying here!:D:lol2:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know Eric he might like it out here with the cool people.:punk::rockwoot:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I'll buy Eric! how much for shipping though? lol

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hey pardon the thread "hi-jack". But is this only a 6.0 thing? Is it basicly just getting the stock computer tuned?

Sorry if i just asked super noob questions haha.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Yes it is a 6.0 thing.:D

Actually what it is, is being able to adjust a third computer in our rigs. Unfortunatly, there is not a final user flash device to be able to tune them ourselves like we do with the SCTs. Right now, Eric can only do it from his place.

I should be meeting up with Eric either at the track or at IDP later this afternoon. I will get the latest re: FICM and post up what I can.:thumb::D

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I should be meeting up with Eric either at the track or at IDP later this afternoon. I will get the latest re: FICM and post up what I can.:thumb::D
:50cal:I'm holding you to it OR ELSE

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
OK...yes I did meet up with Eric, and yes I asked him questions about FICM tunes.

OH, and you probably want answers?:D

Anyways, right now he has not released the tunes totally I believe. At least not for the 05+ yet. He is waiting on a shipment of some programming software.

He is testing another race tune on his 04 to see which he is goin to sell.

The tunes will be $400 plus a core charge (I think $200) unless you send him a FICM.

Used FICMs go for $150-$200 on eBay and such, new from factory I believe he said $800!:eek:

Unfortunately we were not able to load up the stronger 05+ test tunes onto my rig today. But I will update once we try them out.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
UUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! 400 bucks. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts