Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just bought this truck a few weeks back, and mostly all seems well. It is a 2001 F250 4x4 with 200K, has a trans from Twisted Diesel, AFE intake, turbo back exhaust, Edge insight PDA and TS 6 pos chip.

I've found this Edge PDA to be quite useful, however I think maybe it's causing me to worry about the truck more than necessary. It seems wicked fast, shifts great, no CEL or anything like that... However, the PDA popped up the DTC P1211 (ICP fault?). I have the ICP psi as one of my optional gauges, which reads around 480 at idle (should be around 500?) The injector pulse width ranges between 2.0 - 3.5 or so throughout the powerband, as well as in park. I was told that "within parameters" is -4.0 - 4.0, is this correct? The truck seems to idle a bit shaky, but maybe it's just me.

Just feeling out a new truck and making sure I don't have much to worry about.

Thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
congrats on the ride, mang..:thumb: I'd locate the icp and unplug it. See if theres oil in the plug / connection. If so, it needs replacing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
congrats on the ride, mang..:thumb: I'd locate the icp and unplug it. See if theres oil in the plug / connection. If so, it needs replacing.
You can try to clean it out with brake cleaner and see if that changes your readings, but like timmyBoy said, just order one of eBay ($65 - $80). It's your best bet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is 480 too low? Or would that be considered OK? I will check the ICP for oil when I get home today and report back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have another question... Is there any way at all to tell whether the truck has newer/upgraded injectors in it, without opening it up? It just seems unnaturally quick, and being the other upgrades its got I wouldn't be totally shocked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts