Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at intake elbows for my 05 6.0L. Are they beneficial even with the stock air filter intake setup? Are they worth getting (hp gains and mpg gains)? What brand makes the best? thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
In short, not worth mpg/HP gains but have a place or places for measuring boost and injecting water meth and or nitrous

·
Registered
249 Posts
honestly, if youre gonna order an intake, order the AFE package. its like $599 for the AFE bladerunner elbow and AFE intake. right now at XDP -

Bladerunner $347.06
AFE $366.30

package them together - $599, with XDP %10 off, $539.10.
when i get the money saved back up from ordering my SCT and EGR blockoff, im ordering that package.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Look for No Limit on psa for the whole cold side setup. Very legite.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did aef cold air dry filter intake. Than Put a bd elbow and didn't notice no mileage or seat of the pants hp increase from the eldow...But that's not dyno tested personally

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have a Banks Techni-Cooler with larger tubes, intercooler and elbow, let's just say I'm glad I bought it used for $500. Great for hauling towing, no change in hp/mpg.

Another point to consider, since the hole is the intake is unaltered, what's an elbow going to change?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...I'll put the idea on the back burner for a while until I get studded ago go with some crazy tunes that require the better air intake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts