1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
those look sweeet.... good job

·
Banned
287 Posts
how did you get the lettering to be chrome? I have been wanting to do that on my truck for a while now but couldn't figure out how to do it! that looks killer!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
droid2 038.jpg Well there chrome from the factory, just have to eradicate the black paint off. Then masked it and sprayed em black then clear coat over it all.

·
Registered
444 Posts
So your saying that all the vents are chrome and you just have to get the black paint off of the "F-250" Part? How did you go about doing that without harming the underlying chrome? They look sweet by the way!! :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope yours stays. I did mine two years ago and after 1 year the paint was coming off. We primed, painted, cleared and sealed mine and still flaked off. Hope you have better luck but I loved mine when they where like that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! Looking to do something different with mine, I have seen a few different ideas so far...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Those look really good

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Those are awesome. What did you use to get the paint off?

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I tried lacquer thinner and a few other things but carb cleaner is the only thing I found to the the black off and not harm the chrome.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I'm definitely steeling your idea! I've wanted to do something to change badges, that is the best I've seen to date. Nice work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, Thanks michigan :thumb: I like the look of your truck btw! I'm thinking about adding that dark gray to mine somehow, somewhere..

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Thanks! Do you have any bigger pictures of your truck? I like the dark gray, now I just need to decide if I am going to keep the chrome bumpers or powder coat them gray, or black. I can't make up my mind. There are a few trucks on here that look awesome both ways.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Use acetone to get the black paint off. WARNING MAKE SURE TO MASK THE ENTIRE AREA AROUND THE BADGE OFF IF THE BADGE IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE TRUCK. I did all my badges on my lightning in place with acetone and a Q-tip. Takes a little patience but the paint comes off very easy. As stated earlier make DAMN sure that you don't get it on any painted surface you don't want destroyed.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Thanks! Do you have any bigger pictures of your truck? I like the dark gray, now I just need to decide if I am going to keep the chrome bumpers or powder coat them gray, or black. I can't make up my mind. There are a few trucks on here that look awesome both ways.
dark grey powder coated bumpers would look stellar on that truck bro

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hope yours stays. I did mine two years ago and after 1 year the paint was coming off. We primed, painted, cleared and sealed mine and still flaked off. Hope you have better luck but I loved mine when they where like that.
i would say its an issue with your primer or you need to scuff up the crome prior.............unless ford will tell us what kind of paint they use.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
dark grey powder coated bumpers would look stellar on that truck bro

Thanks man! I think that is the way I am leaning. Now it's just finding the time. I'm hoping to find someone selling them first.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts