Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add fender flares to my truck. I have to prevent these f’n rocks from doing more and more damage.

Anyone have a good set you run that can minimize the rubbing on the paint we’re they meet flare edge to paint?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looking to add fender flares to my truck. I have to prevent these f’n rocks from doing more and more damage.

Anyone have a good set you run that can minimize the rubbing on the paint we’re they meet flare edge to paint?
I put mud flaps on for that reason.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put mud flaps on for that reason.

Did you have to make them?

I’ve tried a set from amazon and they didn’t work out.

I don’t want to keep ordering them and sending them back.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Did you have to make them?

I’ve tried a set from amazon and they didn’t work out.

I don’t want to keep ordering them and sending them back.
I got the weather tech no drill mud flaps. I had to use a dremmel to carve out some on the front because the tires were rubbing. One side fit no problem the other took some messing around as my truck wasn't perfectly straight. I have a 2001 but I see that you have an early 99. Maybe the e99 is slightly different. I think this is what I got.

I got the k02 tires and that's when the rocks started to fly.

I'd do something because your paint is sweet. She looks like a new truck. I wanted to get mine painted and color changed. I told them it's a 20 year old truck and I don't need a show quality paint job and they said $3k. I'm already upside down in money in versus what I can sell it for.

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
thats why I do not run the BFG's anymore the tread openings were the perfect size for picking up the 3/8 stones we have all over the desert/lakes / driveways.

Painting flares at home for a non show truck finish got a lot easier with the new 2 part clear in a spray can
it is a true automotive clear and fuel resistant you puncture an inner seal and the two parts mix

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I need flares for mine, the Ridge Grapplers fling a LOT of nasty water all over the mirrors when its damp or rainy (even worse in the snow)
The Ridge Grapplers pick up huge rocks (and a 9mm shell casing) that will blow the rear 1/4 gravel shield right out of the truck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZMANN and Vohs

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the Kendra Klever RT’s, Went from Toyo MTs thinking the rocks wouldn’t be an issue. they are much quieter on the highway than the MT’s but definitely grab the small rocks

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
That's a good looking color -- and truck!

Reactions: Vohs
1 - 8 of 8 Posts