Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering either selling my truxedo lo pro or trading it for a quality cross bed tool box. It fits 99-08 shortbed superduties. Any interest?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Asking price?

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$300 plus ship if i decide to do it. Its still up in the air

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I cant even use mine because of my stacks so idk why I even have it anymore. Good luck selling its a good deal

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supercrew if you have any fabrication skills you sure can use it. Let me know if you want to know how. There are two different options

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I will now be taking you up on that offer, please school me...

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get some 1/8th in diamond plate. Cut it to the size of your stack area. Cut the holes for your stacks but leave a little gap. Clear hi temp caulk works best for sealing the little gap.

Now the part that costs a little. Take the tonneau cover to a vinyl shop and have it shortend.

Thats one option.

The other is Get some 1/8 aluminum plate. cut to size drill holes as stated above. Measure tonneau cover for stack holes cut the circles about a 3/4 inch smaller than the stack so you can fold the excess under the plate and attach it so it looks clean. and seal the same as above.

To go this route you also have to relocate what ever your cover uses to hold the cover when rolled up

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
where would one find a shop to get it shortened at?

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where would one find a shop to get it shortened at?

Most upholstory shops can do it. Or if you dont have one locally go to a boat dealer. Most of them can point you in the right direction or can do it there

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
hmm i got them yellow pages out and found one of these shops, i wonder how much it costs........ it says over 40 years experience so maybe it is a good place to go...

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Doooo you want to make one for me lol, Ill pay well....

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to hijack but heres what Dave is talking about for a stack cover....
Yup thats option 1.

Option 2 is placing a similar piece under the full length cover and doing what i stated

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
ugh I was hoping you made or if someone wants to make it for me. good money making opportunity. My buddy and I are trying to get some diamond plate, or atleast I think he is but I am afraid of those welder things, I run away screaming like a little girl.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ugh I was hoping you made or if someone wants to make it for me. good money making opportunity. My buddy and I are trying to get some diamond plate, or atleast I think he is but I am afraid of those welder things, I run away screaming like a little girl.
I would make them but the trouble is everyone is different because of stack placement. If everyone put their stacks in the exact same spot i would do it.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Looks like I should drive out to wisconsin....

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like I should drive out to wisconsin....
:hehe: That would be an expensive trip for what you need. If you have a welding shop close by go talk to them :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts