Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres what happened, in late fall i went to Freedom ford in Edmonton because i was at 58000 kms and basic warranty ran out at 60000kms . I had a few small issues , paint coming off emblems , powerstroke emblem peeling on rad shroud , and passenger window wrecked by deformed weatherstripping ( collecting sand at transition in front window) so i get it all approved but get called out to work . My service writer calls me and i explain to her that me and truck ( welding rig ) are going up north and probably wont be back till spring . She assures me that it is no prob. and my parts will be waiting when i get back . I go in mid Apr. and tell her i want to have my parts installed and she asks me if im over 60000kms? Yes , im at 80000 now , she replies "oh thats gonna be a problem because your claim expired and now your over your warranty. "YOU IDIOT WHY DID I COME IN THE FALL TO DO ALL OF THIS!" all the while assured by her that my parts would be there in the spring. I ask her about this and she denies saying that to me ( I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE , I WOULD HAVE GOT MY GF TO TAKE MY PARTS IN THE FALL IF THAT WAS A PROBLEM!) I try talking to the service manager but he doesnt return my messages ( i didnt yell or swear in my messages). What do you guys think? When that claim was approved i believe those parts became my property and they have no right to send them back , espeaccially without atleast calling me. I know she is a liar but do i have any grounds to fight this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll tell you man all the headaches with this trucks warranty make me want to buy old and used. What good are warranties and a $60000 price tag when they turn to sh*t in a couple years . looking for an old 96-98 12 valve dually now if anybodies sellin one lol.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If you have any documents showing that you were in there prior to 60,000 thats good proof there. If you have papers showing that they approved all the work thats even better and may be worth fighting it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the paperwork but they say it's null and void now because of the 5 months past , i have a lawyer for some business stuff i was thinking about getting him to send something in just to scare them a little bit . I have a feeling they used the parts .

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i almost got ripped off. I needed my extra keyfob programmed. The guy at the dealership told me how to do it over the phone :)icon_ford:), just cycle the key onoffonoffonoff 5-8 times, one of those times the power locks will "jump" and right then you press and hold the lock button on the remote til they re-jump and there you go. It was going to be $12 just for that, obviously not including the ($4.20/gallon) drive out there.

Not as bad as your deal though, :dunno: sorry dude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts