Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats it man. i saw $4.89/gal today. i know some of you other states are more but enough is enough. this is bullsh!t. im lookin and buyin a nissan maxima and parkin the stroke. will only take it out on ocassions. makes me soooo mad when we cant drive our nice strokes cause of these dam fuel prices. now were being forced into drivin hoopties. what really pisses me off is people are still travelin for the holiday. guess some people still dont care and like payin out there azz for fuel just to have fun for the weekend. thats probably why prices arent comin down cause they know some people dont care to pay it.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
thats it man. i saw $4.89/gal today. i know some of you other states are more but enough is enough. this is bullsh!t. im looking and buying a Nissan maxima and parking the stroke. will only take it out on occasions. makes me soooo mad when we cant drive our nice strokes cause of these dam fuel prices. now were being forced into driving hoopties. what really pisses me off is people are still traveling for the holiday. guess some people still don't care and like paying out there azz for fuel just to have fun for the weekend. thats probably why prices aren't coming down cause they know some people don't care to pay it.

I feel ya brother..I feel ya..mine has been parked for a while now..only comes out if its towing.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it sucks man. so what you drivin? only reason i want a maxima cause i read nothin but great reviews on them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im right behind you, I just got to get the money together for a little mileage car.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
I don't see the fuel prices chaning for quite awhile...:doh: I really miss my truck but kinda glad that I did wreck it... cause it would be killing me to fill that thing up every time...:crazy:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
actually a gas sipper..its not cool looking..but honestly..I dont care if anyone thinks i am cool..

gets 50 mpg hand calculated..leather interior navi etc,etc..

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
not to bad.. but how much did you have to pay to get that car?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually a gas sipper..its not cool looking..but honestly..I dont care if anyone thinks i am cool..

gets 50 mpg hand calculated..leather interior navi etc,etc..
if you dont care than why those windows blacked out lol just kiddin man. i dont blame you. great mileage dam

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
its not cheap..but what its saving us in fuel cost would pay 2 payments a month on it.

we had a scion xb prior to this..so we only financed a lil bit and its paid for now..the package 6 on it runs 30k

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
The dealers(stealers?) around here are adding 3000.00 over retail on Prius', because they know they can.
yep they are..we had ours prior to the horrible gas spike..so we didn't pay extra..almost all the new hybrids have those stupid fees.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealers(stealers?) around here are adding 3000.00 over retail on Prius', because they know they can.
what crooks. i wouldnt buy brand new again. only used. its not worth buyin new cause you get rapped so bad.

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
I feel your pain I drive a pos 1988 BMW(Big Money Waster) 2.7L gets me about 25mpg I still have to fill up twice a week at 40+ dollars each time. Now the car has a terrible misfire I've replaced a bunch of things I think I have a burnt valve... So pretty soon I will be looking for another gas saver... Probably a VW TDI they get 45+mpg... Whenever I can afford one that is. Might have to ride a bike 42 miles to work each way for a while here :lol:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel your pain I drive a pos 1988 BMW(Big Money Waster) 2.7L gets me about 25mpg I still have to fill up twice a week at 40+ dollars each time. Now the car has a terrible misfire I've replaced a bunch of things I think I have a burnt valve... So pretty soon I will be looking for another gas saver... Probably a VW TDI they get 45+mpg... Whenever I can afford one that is. Might have to ride a bike 42 miles to work each way for a while here :lol:
those tdi's are expensive and hard to find. i would ride my bike but dont like ridin with idiots in rush hour lol.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
why don't you get a SS like I did:confused: great power and great milage still:thumb: but I would have it though if I didn't total my truck

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
great, just heard on the news gas is goin to hit $5 by 2nd or 3rd week of july in michigan. oh joy

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
those tdi's are expensive and hard to find. i would ride my bike but dont like ridin with idiots in rush hour lol.
I'm takin about a bicycle lol. You can find them for a good price the 99-04 models with high miles..

1 - 20 of 114 Posts