Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my FBD exhaust today, and was wondering if i can just install everything minus the down pipe if it will all fit together with the stock DP????I just dont feel like removing the stock one right now, and am anxious to install this bad boy:woot:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
yes you should be able to. do you have any help?????

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the stock pipe comes back a good bit farther than the new dp. Also the stock dp is going to be a good bit smaller than the new fbd exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I would say no, the stock dp is easier to get out than trying to mate the 3.5" factory pipe to the 4" FBD. The stock exhaust has a flange where the FBD is all slip jointed, and they downpipes are not the same length. One hack of the stock pipe at the first bend under the truck and the whole thing will drop right out. Then the FBD pipe slides up in there without too much trouble.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
i would go through the trouble and support your tranny, and remove the crossmember and pull the stock DP in one piece if possible. i have had 2 DP's not fit right and had to weld the stock ones up to reinstall it till i got a DP that would fit right.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I would say no, the stock dp is easier to get out than trying to mate the 3.5" factory pipe to the 4" FBD. The stock exhaust has a flange where the FBD is all slip jointed, and they downpipes are not the same length. One hack of the stock pipe at the first bend under the truck and the whole thing will drop right out. Then the FBD pipe slides up in there without too much trouble.
My bad I was thinking we were talking about 7.3s never touched a 6.0 sorry :dunno:

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should be able to unbolt the stock system at the cat flange and bolt the new FBD system right up to it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
installed it woohooo did the whole TB. i love the sound, just wish i got a tip. sill got to mess with it its moving to much... was i supped to use every single hanger cause the one before the "T" hanger sits to high so i dont know if it was only to be used if i had got a muffler

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts