Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so my FBD 5" exhaust comes out like 3" from my back tire :doh: , what should i do when i get a lift and bigger tires!? :dunno:
either 35" or 37" tires......

other than that this exhaust is GREAT!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: :bump:

·
Registered
215 Posts
ya it would, i had a bully dog 5in before an it did the same thing. i lifted it an it was far enough away from the tire that i didnt worry about it

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean horizontally. looking at the truck from the side, the exhaust comes out right after the tire, the distace between the exhaust tip and the tire (tread of the tire) and the side of the exhaust tip is less the 3 inches......

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya it would, i had a bully dog 5in before an it did the same thing. i lifted it an it was far enough away from the tire that i didnt worry about it
Did you end up haing to bend anything??

I might send farmboy a message and see if he can help me out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ya thats how mine was tight aginst the bottom of the bed an was like 3in away from rear tire.

·
Registered
215 Posts
no i cut the pipe up under the truck an mad an offset my self an then welded it back up

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang ok. Im worried about it hitting. would it be possible to bend the pipe?

·
Registered
202 Posts
take a picture for us

·
Registered
215 Posts
if you or someone has accsess to a bender, possobly. but it would be easier to cut an weld it. thats not the first fbd exaust i no of that hasnt fit properly

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i cut the pipe up under the truck an mad an offset my self an then welded it back up
Didnt think of that. could you take a picture of the pipe and how you did it?

Thanks haha

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
215 Posts
Didnt think of that. could you take a picture of the pipe and how you did it?

Thanks haha
i can try to get it, i sold the exaust a while back but i no the new owner so ill se what i can do. are you going to speedworld next weekend?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dont think so. I have to do the treatment for my thyroid on thursday, I have to take iodine 131 and it kills my thyroid. Problem is, its radioactive and i have to be pretty much in quarentien (sp?) for 4 days.....right as school gets out too! so im pretty bummed....

Im gonna be on the org ALOT hahaha.

·
Registered
215 Posts
dang that sucks. i was going to say if you were going to be there i could show you how i did mine. it really easy tho

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, i wish i could go. Im pretty sure we could figure it out. Ive gotten to know the diegrinder very well since i got the truck!

What kinda welder did you use? We've got a MIG welder at the cabin we can bring down.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok. sounds good. i needa weld everything together anyway...its all clamps that came with it now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
clamps will work fine. i would just put a couple tack weld on the connections just incase you ever need to remove it someday

1 - 20 of 24 Posts