Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what is the fastest strategy that these trucks have? I'm curious as to what the guys that are running low 13s with just tuner, exhaust and intakes have in their trucks to start with. Mine is VXAP1N6 TQAT0NA with a BKG9 ecm. Is there another Ford flash that makes more power than the rest? Just wondering how there can be such a big difference between similarly equipped trucks.

Shane

·
Registered
469 Posts
In 2003, TEC5 has run the best numbers.

In 2004, TBS7 has run the best numbers.

Both of these are pre map/ebp recall.

I currently run TEC5 on our race truck.

·
Registered
469 Posts
By the way, your truck is now TEC6. It has the map recall.

There is a new reflash for your truck, which is TEC7, that will eliminate the "injector buzz", but still help with cold starts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, your truck is now TEC6. It has the map recall.

There is a new reflash for your truck, which is TEC7, that will eliminate the "injector buzz", but still help with cold starts.
Will the new flash provide more power potential?

·
Registered
469 Posts
TEC6 and TEC7 are both fine strategies. With our "bolt on" truck, I've run a 13.28 with TEC5 and 13.4 with TEC6. It's an 03 F250 SuperCab 4x4 with intake, exhaust, and Xtreme Race. FYI: With a 100hp shot the truck went 12.96 on TEC6.

I had TEC7 on the truck to test the programs and it ran fine. I really didn't notice much change out than the injector cycling.

I wouldn't make a special trip for the reflash.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll stick with my good old TEC5 stuff.

·
Registered
999 Posts
TEC6 and TEC7 are both fine strategies. With our "bolt on" truck, I've run a 13.28 with TEC5 and 13.4 with TEC6. It's an 03 F250 SuperCab 4x4 with intake, exhaust, and Xtreme Race. FYI: With a 100hp shot the truck went 12.96 on TEC6.

what was all done to your truck to run 13.4

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts