Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a FASS 165 gpm lift pump, should I remove the OEM fuel module ? The install manual show it being left in place but have seen some info on the net that shows it removed , If I remove it I would have to disconnect the water sensor plug , would this cause a error code ? Or would the warning light come on without it being plugged in ?

·
Registered
2008 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Dynamic Diesel stage 1 kit, ODD Intake, and way more. 💨
1,372 Posts
I am in the process of installing a FASS 165 gpm lift pump, should I remove the OEM fuel module ? The install manual show it being left in place but have seen some info on the net that shows it removed , If I remove it I would have to disconnect the water sensor plug , would this cause a error code ? Or would the warning light come on without it being plugged in ?
Wouldn’t cause an error code but there is a plug for the WIF sensor if you have the harness that supplies it. And you can take it off or leave it on, just short the wires together if you’re not using the pump or wire the 12v from airdog directly to the hfcm wires so it acts like factory pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts