Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my engine wire harness replaced due to a mouse eating thru it. I only had truck 2 weeks when this happened so I don't know what's normal. When the truck is on high idle for a few min the cooling fan comes on. Shuts off when I drive down street for about a min. Is this normal in hot weather?? Never usually notice it come on any other time. My edge will read 180 to 190 when I put idle up but when running like that it drops to about 176 till I drive again. Thanks......2006 f350 Harley model....64 k

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
For one thing you show signs of a stuck open thermostat, coolant temps at normal run should never be lower than 190/195 deg. The opening temp of the themostat.

The fan can be comeing on from other sensor readings that the pcm monitors and uses for fan control. Also be shure the egr valve electrical plug is plugged in.
I have also read about certain pcm flashes to cause erratic fan issues.

Just some points to consider.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info even on 95 hot humid days this year the highest I went on temp was 192 maybe......I pulled an 2k enclosed trailer for about 45 min the other day on highway and temp went to 194 I think and it was 83 out and I was doing 75 to 80. Been wanting to do blue spring so may tackle both now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts